These days, thinking of myself in a complimentary way is something I purposefully do. I lived my life the opposite way for a very long time where I tried diminishing myself, putting myself down, loathing myself, intentionally telling myself not to brag, and it didn’t help me become my highest self. It doesn’t take a genius to see where this pattern leads us, but my guess is you’re doing the same.
If you looked at the title of this episode and immediately felt uncomfortable, I invite you to listen in with an open mind. We’ve all been conditioned to believe bragging is something to avoid, and so urging you to brag more may feel unsettling. My goal is always to empower you in finding your own truth, and so I want to offer a new perspective today to help you become the highest version of yourself.
Join me on the podcast this week as I encourage you to question your beliefs about what it means to brag. Whether it’s thanking someone the next time you get a compliment instead of brushing it off, or outright stating how great you are, I’m inviting you to see how it’s possible that not wanting to brag is keeping you playing small because I know you have so much to offer the world.
If you don’t currently have a life coach, I would be so honored to be yours. I created a virtual coaching program called Be Bold that I want to invite you to join me in. We have group coaching, individual private coaching, and online chats along with hundreds of hours of courses and content that I’ve created just for you, including my new upcoming course, Lighten up for the Holidays. If you’re ready to take this work to the 10X level, click here to check it out!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- What prompted me to want to talk about the importance of bragging.
- What the term “bragging” insinuates.
- How you’re trying to manage other people’s thoughts when you say you don’t want to brag.
- Why I think you should brag more.
- How believing some people are better than others is a lie we’ve all bought into.
- How to stop seeing bragging as a problem.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!