I’ve got five things I want to talk about that all of us were taught in school, but I want you to consider letting go of and leaving in the past. It’s debatable whether we should even have been taught these things in the first place, but at any rate, we’re going to unwind these five things and replace them with something more useful.
It’s important to note that this episode is not a critique of public schools and how our children are educated. Instead, I’m offering these thoughts that are often reinforced throughout our childhood simply so you can stop believing them if they’re creating a problem for you.
Tune in this week to discover some of the things we were taught in school that, as adults, we really need to start questioning. I’m sharing five things that may have served us as kids, and I’m dissecting them so you can see why we need to unlearn them. I find all of this so fascinating, so if you can think of any that I haven’t included here, reach out and share them!
If you don’t currently have a life coach, I would be so honored to be yours. I created a virtual coaching program called Be Bold that I want to invite you to join me in. We have group coaching, individual private coaching, and online chats along with hundreds of hours of courses and content that I’ve created just for you. If you’re ready to take this work to the 10X level, click here to check it out!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why the idea that we should always “be quiet” does not serve us as adults.
- What we can actually learn from a tendency to procrastinate.
- Why you don’t need to try your very best all the time.
- What we’ve been taught about failure and why we need to forget it.
- Why working things out for yourself and never copying anyone else’s work doesn’t serve you as an adult.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Towards the end of this summer, I will be launching a business coaching program. To get on the interest list for when the doors open, click here.
Who Not How by Dan Sullivan
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!