Most people are going through life completely unconscious of what is really creating their emotions. We’ve discussed on the podcast how thoughts create feelings, but another piece of the puzzle is unconsciously mirroring the emotions of others.
It’s common for people to get mad at their spouse when their spouse is in a bad mood. We worry about our children when they are worried. We may feel negative about our sister’s negativity. In this encore episode, I’m revisiting a tool I use with my clients to gain awareness of when they’re mirroring emotions, which is the first step to creating a more peaceful life.
Tune in this week to discover how, when you’re not feeling great and you can recognize your brain is just mirroring emotions, you can simply choose a different emotion instead. I’m showing you how to get off the roller coaster of being sucked into the emotions of the people around you and instead decide for yourself what you really want to feel in your life.
When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why it’s common to mirror other people’s emotions without realizing you’re doing it.
- How we delegate control of our emotions, whether positive or negative, to the people around us.
- Why mirroring the negative emotions of others is a difficult way to live.
- What emotional mirroring may look like in your life and how to spot it.
- Why mirroring emotions means you aren’t fighting for anything you truly believe in.
- How to see what’s going on and gain some leverage over yourself when you are emotionally mirroring.
Mentioned on the Show:
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Get on the waitlist for Business Minded here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Follow my brand new business Instagram account where I’ll be sharing my business tips for all you entrepreneurs!
- Check out this episode on my YouTube channel
- 119. Mirroring Emotions
- 422. Encore: Transitions
- Byron Katie
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.