One topic that I realize I’ve never done a podcast episode about before and something that I feel so called to talk about is helping your kids feel their feelings. The discoveries we’ve had as humans around handling our mental and emotional wellbeing with new tools and knowledge is so transformative, and I see it as not only a gift to ourselves but a way to serve our kids and the generations beyond too.
Naming and processing our feelings, especially if you’re new to this work, can be challenging. So it’s no surprise if the notion of teaching your kids this work feels overwhelming or even impossible. Today, I’m sharing some key pieces of understanding that are necessary for you to begin helping your kids with this, and some tips on how to make this work relatable to them.
Join me this week to discover how you can help your kids feel their feelings. I believe this is one of the greatest gifts you can give them, no matter how old they might be. This is work that I do continuously with my own kids of different ages, so I hope the action steps that I practice help you navigate this topic with your children.
If you’re a coach certified through The Life Coach School, I want to invite you to a program I’m calling An Advanced Certification in Faith-Based Coaching. You don’t have to be a coach who coaches within a religious context to join this program, but I’ll be teaching tools around this topic, along with all the tools I’ve developed over the years to help you take your coaching to the next level. Click here to get on the waitlist, and I can’t wait to see you there!
If you don’t currently have a life coach, I would be so honored to be yours. I created a virtual coaching program called Be Bold that I want to invite you to join me in. We have group coaching, individual private coaching, and online chats along with hundreds of hours of courses and content that I’ve created just for you, including my new upcoming course, Lighten up for the Holidays. If you’re ready to take this work to the 10X level, click here to check it out!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why I recommend you practice feeling your feelings before teaching your kids how to do it.
- How I talk to my young kids versus my teenagers about their feelings.
- 2 things you have to understand about feelings.
- The healthiest thing we can do for ourselves with regard to our feelings.
- How to teach your kids about feelings in a way that is relatable to them.
- The difference between allowing emotion and acting out on emotion.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Natalie Clay
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!