One question I get asked frequently runs along the lines of, “How can I say…” fill in the blank. Whether it’s something hard that you want to say to your child, your husband, or anyone else, this week, I’m addressing why we ask that question in the first place, and why what we mean is a lot more loaded.
We all tend to want to soften the blow and dance around what we have to say, especially when what is true for us is hard to express. We wish someone else could give us the blueprint of what to say so the other person won’t feel offended or have negative opinions about us, but this is the wrong approach, and I’m showing you why this is the wrong question to begin with.
Listen in this week as I share four tools you can use the next time you have something that is hard to say. These tools will help you stay out of other people’s models where you’re trying to control their emotions and reactions, and instead, become comfortable with other people having their opinions, and show up from a place of love both for yourself and the other person.
If you don’t currently have a life coach, I would be so honored to be yours. I created a virtual coaching program called Be Bold that I want to invite you to join me in. We have group coaching, individual private coaching, and online chats along with hundreds of hours of courses and content that I’ve created just for you. If you’re ready to take this work to the 10X level, click here to check it out!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why “How do I say this?” is the wrong question.
- What we really mean when we ponder how to express the entire truth for us.
- Why we want to minimize trying to manipulate what is going on for other people.
- The only 2 options we think we have when saying what is true for us, and how to find the middle ground.
- How to approach saying what you mean from a place of love for both yourself and the other person.
- 4 tools you can use the next time you have something that is hard to say.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- 265. Other People’s Models
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!