This week’s topic is a little bit more of an advanced concept, but I know that many of you have been with me for a long time, so I’m excited to take you along today. The thought in parentheses is a concept that will help you release feelings of resistance and frustration when you come across thoughts that aren’t serving you and I’m showing you how it works.
Any time we do work on our mental and emotional health, one of the first steps I teach is to separate our thoughts from the facts of the situation. You may think this sounds simple enough, but this process can be so complicated and layered, and we all have blind spots. The thought in parentheses is about gaining a deeper level of awareness around your problem thoughts and what they look like.
Join me today to discover what the thought in parentheses means and how to identify it for yourself. We often think that the circumstances of our lives are causing us problems, but our thoughts are always the root of any problem, and understanding what your thoughts in parentheses are is going to be so freeing.
If you’re a coach certified through The Life Coach School, I want to invite you to a program I’m calling An Advanced Certification in Faith-Based Coaching. You don’t have to be a coach who coaches within a religious context to join this program, but I’ll be teaching tools around this topic, along with all the tools I’ve developed over the years to help you take your coaching to the next level. Click here to get on the waitlist, and I can’t wait to see you there!
If you don’t currently have a life coach, I would be so honored to be yours. I created a virtual coaching program called Be Bold that I want to invite you to join me in. We have group coaching, individual private coaching, and online chats along with hundreds of hours of courses and content that I’ve created just for you. If you’re ready to take this work to the 10X level, click here to check it out!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why separating our thoughts from circumstances can be really tricky.
- What I mean by “thought in parentheses.”
- How to identify what your thought in parentheses is.
- 3 types of questions you can ask yourself to bring clarity to your thoughts in parentheses.
- Examples of situations where you might have thoughts in parentheses.
- How noticing your thoughts in parentheses provides you with options.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!