In a recent episode, I started a conversation around money, talking about my experience of generating money by creating value in the world. Now, that episode got a mixed response from you listeners, and I may not have quite gotten everything into a digestible form. So, I want to own that and take this opportunity to clarify and add to that content on value flow.
Now, adding value to the world, I believe, is the most helpful way you can make money, and it’s how I choose to make my money. There are certainly ways of making money without putting value into the world, or even detracting value. And the money a person makes doesn’t necessarily equal the value that they offer the world, so I need to offer some clarification there because people are definitely having some thoughts and feelings about what I shared previously.
Join me today to discover a more in-depth perspective on the idea of value flow, how we contribute value as humans, and how that sometimes does and often doesn’t equate to market value. I’m also sharing how you can think differently, so you can add more value to the world through your work, with the intention of creating more monetary value.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why I truly believe value flows.
- The huge difference between marketplace value and human value.
- Why stay-at-home moms do, contrary to a lot of people’s opinion, generate revenue as well as value.
- How I try to add market value to my life by providing value that aligns with my moral values.
- Why making more money doesn’t make you a more valuable human.
- How to think in a way that allows you to add more value in the way that you choose to serve the world.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- The Flipped Lifestyle Podcast
- Brooke Castillo
- Ep #240: Talking About Money
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!