I’m a coach, but I’m also a business owner. I often coach other entrepreneurs on how to start businesses and improve them, too. So I love to share business wisdom that I come across through both my own learning and coaching clients. And in this episode, I want to talk about why it can be useful to view your business as a machine where each piece has a knock-on effect on the next.
Some of you might see your business as a true business, but I bet a lot of you have something that I call a “jobby”: a business that’s actually more of a hobby. If you don’t want to make money (or very much of it) from your side business, that’s totally fine. But often, we relegate our work to “jobby” status because we’re too scared or intimidated by the strategy and effort that go into building a profitable business.
In this episode, I talk about some of the reasons why you might be uncomfortable giving your business the full attention it deserves. I also dive into the three buckets that make up your business and how you can fill them up. Filling up the buckets of strangers, acquaintances, and fans is essential if you want your business to generate profit. Listen in to this episode and take one step closer to fulfilling the full potential of your business.
Like what you heard on today’s show? Join me this week for one of my free webinars! I’ll be answering your questions, sharing the secrets of successful mompreneurs, and so much more. I’m also hosting my first-ever, live, public coaching call – come join us!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- What I mean when I say that many people have a “jobby” rather than a business.
- Why there’s never been a better time to have an online business and do the work you really want to do.
- The three buckets that make up your business and ways to fill them.
- Why so many of us hang out primarily in bucket two, where we get to give people free help.
- Why it’s important to turn acquaintances into fans who will join your email list and eventually buy your product/service.
- How making more money allows you to do even more good in the world.
- Why you have to charge for the value you’re really providing.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Come hang out with me in Seattle at Better Than Happy Live! I’ll be there in June to spend a whole day with you, give you a taste of coaching, and record a live podcast all about how to create a deliberate future. My Utah date in April is all sold out, so hurry and grab your tickets!
- Mind Your Business Podcast by James Wedmore
- Be Bold Program
- Join me for one (or more!) of my free webinars this week!
- Or join me on a live, public coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!